Metabones, creator of high-quality lens mount adapters for both still and video cameras have finally debuted the Nikon F to Fujifilm X Speed Booster. It works with both electronic G lenses and traditional Ai coupled lenses to manually focus and adjust the aperture of almost any Nikon F lens. And in what has become traditional Metabones fashion, the adapter comes mated to a removable Arca-Swiss compatible tripod foot.
Speed Booster makes use of the large flange discrepancy between F and X mounts to fit a precise optical element that reduces the 35mm-sized lens image circle to meet Fujifilm's APS-C sensor. This also effectively reduces the effective focal length of the lens as well as allows more light to directly hit the smaller APS-C sensor.
In other words, a 35mm f/1,4 lens used on a D800 will act much the same on a Fujifilm X, whereas with typical adapters, the 35mm f/1,4 lens would work like a 53mm f/2,0 lens.
- Industry's best aperture ring covers a 8-stop range with half-stop markings, clearly indicating actual number of f-stops. No more guesswork! (Patent pending).
- Compatible with both Nikkor G lens & F lens (include non-AI & AI lens mounts).
- Increase maximum aperture by 1 stop.
- Increase MTF.
- Makes lens 0.71x wider.
- Optics designed by Caldwell Photographic in the USA (patent pending).
- The tripod foot is detachable and compatible with Arca Swiss, Markins, Photo cam ball heads.
Tips: Before mounting your lens to the adaptor, please make sure that the f-stop of aperture ring in the adaptor is turned to "8" (i.e. mounting your lens to the adaptor while only the aperture ring in the adaptor is full open.).
Remark: This mount is manual aperture control. It does NOT support electronic aperture control.
Disclaimer: we are NOT licensed, approved or endorsed by Fuji or Nikon.
List of incompatible lenses
Nikkor 2.1cm f4
Since its inception, Metabones® has been designing and manufacturing lens adapters recognized among professionals and enthusiasts as leaders in design and workmanship.
Contrary to the popular trend of other factories using an aluminum ring painted black on the camera-body-side, we instead take no short-cut but use precision-machined brass with chromium plating on both the camera-body and the lens sides of our adapters, in order to ensure smooth mounting, great appearance, and durability. The lens side of the adapter features a strong leaf-spring structure, strengthening the adapter-lens connection and ensuring tightness of the lens in order to reduce wear and prevent focus errors and optical alignment issues from appearing.
Metabones® uses matte-black treatment to keep internal reflection to a minimum in order to maintain the maximum optical quality possible with the lens.
Metabones® Nikon G to X-Mount Speed Booster follows this tradition of uncompromising precision, robust build quality and outstanding finish.
- Both camera-side and lens-side of the adapter are made of brass, precision-machined and plated with chromium.
- Satin surface finish - just like your OEM lens and camera mounts.
- Precise fit and solid connection - lens has no play, gap or wiggling when mounted on adapter and no adjustments are required to fit your lens.
- Designed to reach infinity focus while maintaining the correct registration distance required to maintain optical quality of CRC lenses or lenses with floating elements.